Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wanna Leave a Legacy that began before me!!

So This past weekend I was completely blessed to be with my GRANDFATHER my hubby, kids & mother, as well as my 5 aunts and most of there families. We are generally scattered all over the east coast from as far as Ft Myers, FL to as north as Boston, MA (clearly we are the Boston Folk!!)However on Saturday May 11th we were all together in Chambersburg, PA. where we came together to Celebrate my Grandfather's amazing 90 years of life and to wish him many more Happy days ahead.

He says "He is 90 years young and Turning 30x3" :-) Always a Jokester he is (and apparently I'm Yoda)

As I reflect on the life of those that have influenced me in my journey... My Grandfather is no exception.

Philippians 1: 3-6 says it best...
I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

My Grandfather demonstrates Great Joy in Christ...  As a little girl I can remember waking up every morning and my grandfather would be sitting in a "BIG to me" (the eyes of a child) high wing backed gold chair located in the living room of my grandparents 2 bedroom bungalow. He wasn't just sitting there he was reading his Bible. There is no doubt in my mind that is where the source of all my grandfathers Joy comes from. That Joy overspills through his Music, His Joke and Laughter, And the Stories he shares about life.

It is because of the Legacy of faith that was established in the life of my grandfather that I can look at my family as testimony to the God's Faithfulness and the Words of Psalm 100...

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His,
we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
 Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

 
 
 

It is my prayer that I can continue the Legacy that began in the good work of my grandfather and will be completed through Christ.
 

 
 
 






No comments: