Thursday, November 20, 2008

Remaining Hopeful

Well we had "the Hopeful" Drs. appointment. And while Cameron does NOT have cyclic febrile seizures... He does have febrile seizures due to infection... Cameron's infection that is causing his HIGH Fever is almost always strep throat. So the conclusion is we wait to see if he keeps getting Strep. Dr said now that Cameron is 3 he is less likely to get as many step infections as he did before(I'm a little skeptical). This winter will be the test period and if Cameron continues to follow the same path of strep infections resulting in HIGH FEVERS then we can talk about taking out his tonsils.

So I haven't lost hope that there may be some relief for Cameron, however I'm a little disappointed. I say this only because of the history. This past August I tried to be hopeful that Cameron would not get sick, but I was wrong. 3 consecutive Augusts Cameron has had seizures. Now December is quickly approaching and this month has a similar history to August. Will this make 3 consecutive Decembers with similar results. Is this going to be another Holiday of isolation and exhaustion?
Last Christmas Cameron Playing with his Manger while sporting his "cool" Hospital Gown.

I guess I don't know, but I am going to remain hopeful instead of worry.... Cameron gets sick then actions will be taken... Cameron doesn't get sick then maybe we have turned a corner and we will get to enjoy Christmas to the fullest... I guess it can only go up from here.

No comments: