Thursday, September 25, 2008

Honest and Yet Creative!!

I discussed Cameron in my last blog and how honest he was about mommies Cleaning habits.

Now while he is very honest he is also creative.

So before church I run into Cameron's Sunday School teachers and this is is what they shared with me.

The class was reviewing what happened to Joseph in the story from the weeks before and Cameron perks up and says.. "I know Joseph was thrown into a hole." His teachers were quite impressed with his memory but found his next statement to be quite amusing. "My mommy throws me into a hole."

First I must say, "thank goodness his sunday school Teachers are my friends."

Secondly, This is why Cameron is not in preschool yet. His file would be a mile long with his creativity and story telling.

Lastly I can only conclude that this was Cameron's way of expressing sympathy (cause I can assure you I have NEVER thrown my child into a hole. ) Putting himself in Joseph's shoes. And that was the only way he knew how to express it. Maybe I'm over analyzing but I hope that if that's the case sympathy and empathy are wonderful qualities for my little boy to have. But until he can really express that I can only imagine the stories he's gonna come up with.
It is kind of funny when you think about it.

2 comments:

Jeff and Joy Scott Family said...

So either your son is "sympathetic" and "empathetic" or...

...you really throw him in a hole.

I'm calling DSS!

*Austin Mommy* said...

That was definitely a Laugh Out Loud story! How cute! I always worry about what Caleb might say in school...something that makes me seem like such a terrible parents. It is funny what kids can come out with sometimes! Thanks for sharing! :)