Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Adventures in CIO #3... Caved!!!

I found this blog with a mother who had pictures of her clothes covered dresser and messy office and I thought Ok so I need to blog the real stuff too and not be like those other picture perfect blogs that totally discourage me on Pinterest.

That leads me to say....
I'm a little discouraged with CIO, in part it's cause I'm exhausted.
Monday I was feeling GREAT about the road ahead, I introduced 1oz of milk in a bottle to 2 1/2oz of Mama Milk and Noah downed the entire thing. WOW!! What an exciting start down the Road to Dairy & Soy FILLED life. Late afternoon Mike Came home from work not feeling so great... Sadie and I ran to the store to get a few things for dinner. We ate dinner & enjoyed the normal bed time routine. I watched a little TV, Mike was already in bed.

~11pm the Fun begins. Noah wakes up and as I Patted Noah's back, I listened to Mike getting sick in the bathroom. OH NO!!! I cancelled my babysitting duty for Tuesday and thought OK Tuesday would be alright cause the kids had a full day of school (OR SO I THOUGHT). When I finally crawled into the playroom bed, it took me a little bit to fall asleep (when someone gets sick in my house I often stress about disinfecting my home). Well sleep found me until Noah woke at 2:30... I tried to pat his back standing over the crib, but then picked him up just so I could sit, rocked him for a bit. I WAS JUST TO TIRED and I knew what the day ahead could potentially look like so I COMPLETELY GAVE IN... I laid down in the twin bed and fed Noah Back to sleep!!! BOOOO I CAVED!!! Well Noah and I slept til about 5am when Cameron came in woke me up to say... "Mommy we don't have school today it's a snow day... I just heard the message from our Principal!!"

Joy!!!

Kids and I had a productive snowy Tuesday however Noah was a fussy mess... and REFUSED the Milk!!! So I just let it go and by evening, I totally messed with Noah's schedule and didn't put him to bed until 8pm. Again he woke up at 11pm I patted his back, he fell right back to sleep and then woke up again at 2am... YEA you know what I did????? Fed him!!

Today he had shots for his 1 year vaccines so I'm not even attempting Milk... And tonight when he cries I'll be sure to run cause I'll need to make sure he doesn't have a fever.. And we come full circle... When I started this blog there was reason for the title...

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!

Counting my blessings...
1. Kids who are old enough to put there laundry away
2. A clean kitchen
3. Kids at school all day
4. Kids at home all day helping with the house hold chores
5. Sunshine after a snow storm... Everything just looks BRIGHTER.. Literally and figuratively



No comments: