Friday, March 15, 2013

Recap, Beginning of a new series of Blogs: Adventures in CIO

So I apparently I'm blogging at the rate of 2 a year!! But Thought I would blog about another parenting adventure... CIO (This is what a friend calls it)... AKA CRYING IT OUT!!!

Quick Recap...
Noah had acid Reflux and Dairy Soy intolerance
Reflux created sleep issues.. If you've ever experienced Heart Burn you know what I'm talking about...

So Once Noah was taken off his antacid (About the end of Nov. We had thought it should be time to sleep train in baby steps...) One thing learned during this time was when Noah cries it out he poops!! NO JOKE EVERY TIME!! So we always have to go in and change his diaper!! What else is there to do but Change it can't leave him in it GROSS and I don't want him to become a Poo Caso (as my SIL calls it when kids get into thier diaper and paint with thier poop)....

Well December hit and Christmas plans changed and we headed to PA spending a great Christmas with my Grandfather, But Christmas Night Noah gets a fever... And this is where Sleep training became non existent for 2 1/2 months... Ear infection, the Flu, another ear infection that lasted 2 months result Tubes(yesterday)... And that now bring us up to speed. Oh and for a side note.. all these ear infections has prolonged the Dairy and Soy free life style cause can't try to introduce milk until he's off an antibiotic... JOY!!!So Here I begin the blog Series...

Johnston Adventures in CIO:
# 1....


So Tubes are in, Fluid is gone… "No more excuses" (as a FB friend so nicely pointed out!! :-) So last night NJ was in bed at 6pm… He slept until 11:30 when he started fussing a little not fully awake but was fussing… I brought him his overdue dose of Tylenol and realized he was soaked.. (Stinkin’ diaper!!! That’s what happens when you are cheep and don’t use Pampers Baby Dry!!!) Well after fully changing him I read him his book and rock him for a minute. Well while rocking him, he started pulling my hair and I told him no so he up and WHACKED me across the face!! Needless to say Rocking was over and I put him right in the crib!!! You know what????? He didn’t cry a lick not even a peep of protest… He just went right back to sleep!! Sleeping until 5am... Where he was ready to start his day...
   

        I know what you are thinking... that is way to early... but no wonder you put him to be at 6pm... Let me tell you one thing I've learned from Cameron's sleep habits as baby/Toddler/preschooler... Doesn't matter the time I put him to bed he will always wake up at 5am


So back on track I’d like to think one of two things… about last nights CIO moment...
1. This child knew… YES I SAID KNEW there was no way after hitting me that I was gonna pick him up again; So why bother trying.
2. He was just that tired he didn’t have any fight in him... (More likely this one, but I'd like to think he learned a lesson too... You don't hit mommy)

So This is our first real adventure in CIO... More to come... Cause while writing about last night ... This mornings Nap was a Doosy!!! ;-)


Can't forget to count my blessings...
1. Modern Medicine that allows tubes to be put into my child's ears to alleviate pain and pressure
2. Freedom to sleep train and now introduce MILK!! (PRAY THIS WORKS!!! I'm not sure I can watch my little guy live life with out ice cream)
3. It's Friday... And There are a ton of Friends in town for FOL... Hoping I get to see some of them even just for a few min...
4. My Beth Moore Study came in the Mail... and I've loving every min. of it...




 

No comments: