Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Potty Blues!!!

So I thought I went into this potty thing with pretty reasonable expectations. I knew there would accidents GALORE!!! However I thought that he would have at least one successful go at the potty. I also expected it to take 3 days for him to get it (just like everything else in Cameron's life) Plus he was so excited to use the potty this morning that I thought alright this is good, but good night!!! We have had lots of accidents (totally expected), But NO successes. I'm feeling like maybe I'm pushing to hard On the other hand Cameron has always had to have things done cold turkey. He is a creature of habit. HE HATES CHANGE!!! (I have no idea where he gets that from hahahaha for those who know me!!!) For example as a baby at 7 months I had to pull the plug on night feedings, I had to let him cry it out and it took 3 days. At 10months I had to ween him from taking naps in his car seat. (also took 3 days of crying at nap time) When we moved it took him 3 days of adjusting... for him to sleep until a normal hour of the morning. So I feel that I need to give this 3 days, but could he please have one successful go at it!! (Wait we may have a break through he was just standing next to me and he pulled down his pants and said, "I need to go poopies" PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN!!! I think I need it more then him)

Well there is hope and the day is not over!!! Pray that I have wisdom and patience for this new journey I'm embarking on!!!

No comments: