Friday, August 22, 2008

Everything happens all at once!!!

Mike starts double sessions today!!! So that means he is gone from 7am until 9pm everyday for the next week. If that is not enough... Two days ago I went to the Drs. with a horrible pain in my side. (I'm due for a Cat Scan to see If I could be potentially passing a kidney stone)

Then just before Mike was leaving for his very long day... Cameron spikes a fever!!! For those that don't know Cameron's history... Cameron is prone to have Febrile Seizures. So this means I don't just put my child on the couch let him watch TV feed him chicken soup and let him nap all day... This means a regimented schedule of Motrin and Tylenol... Frequent temp checks and Ice to the neck and joints depending on how high the temp gets. And of course he's still a little boy who thinks he can play at his normal speed(which with Cameron is Hyper speed) he hates being sick so I often get the brunt of his misery (when he was real little he used to just come up and hit me for no reason)... If that is not enough the Icing on the cake... Cameron is not the only one with a fever. Sadie has one too. With Sadie we can be a little more relaxed because she has not had a febrile seizure however we Feel that genetics are not in her favor considering Mike and I had the same condition that Cameron has. So we treat Sadie close to the same way we do Cameron (a few less temp checks and ice to the neck only if the fever gets really high) So I could use all the prayers I can get!! Pray that I can stay sane, calm, we are outside people and being stuck inside with beautiful sunshine outside is very hard for all the Johnstons'

This will be over in a week (lets hope)!

No comments: