Monday, April 29, 2013

Adventures in CIO #5: Starting Over cause Habits Die Hard!!

So two weeks of illness leads to MUCH regression in the CIO department.. Needless to say I've had to START OVER!!

As I laid in bed last night I kept saying "WE ALREADY DID THIS!! THIS HARD WORK WAS DONE!!!"

Now I will endure another week of sleepless nights!!! As if 2 weeks of sleepless nights due to illness wasn't enough!! (It's no wonder I have so much Gray Hair!!)

This adventure reminds me of my own habits and battles with bad habits!! When I allow myself to even take a taste of the bad habit I totally Regress!!! So when its time to go back to Good habits I think I am much like Noah... Banging my head against the crib, pulling my hair out, and SCREAMING!!! (Noah has a set of PIPES!!!)
Healthy living is one of those areas for me!! I just want to grab what is easy and not think about the nutritional value it has on me and my body!!! I don't want to walk / run, I just want to RUN. My body is so not ready to RUN a 5K. I think I've shared this before but I Hate the process and just want to get to the PRODUCT!!! Cause the Product means I can be "Laxed" and it doesn't take as much brain power!! The Product means I've gotten myself back into good choice routines!
 
Noah and I are both going to try and enjoy this process a little more... For example while I won't feed Noah in the night I will pick him up and rock and sing to him, taking baby steps back to sleeping through the night! Thinking that maybe for both of us COLD Turkey isn't the way to go!! For me I'll walk /run outside in the beautiful sunshine while listening to my Fave Music and hopefully the process of getting to Running a 5K will be a little more enjoyable!! Instead of dwelling on what I can't do at the moment I'm going to dwell on what I CAN do!! ;-) As for food... CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE are what is on my mind, MY NEW MOTTO....

MY CHOICES TODAY WILL AFFECT THE RESULTS OF TOMORROW!!!

No comments: