Friday, April 5, 2013

Dairy Free Soy Free days are Technically Over

So the official word from the doc... Noah has grown out of his intolerance to Milk and Soy. She recommended that I keep nursing while he is still interested. I'm thinking now that he can have food with Flavor the interest will die down significantly. Really I don't want to be the Time Magazine cover. No offense to anyone who nurses until their children are 4, but it's just not for me one year is enough for this mama. My guess is that his 4am 45min feeding will be the last to go!

Ok So on to more exciting things... I CAN EAT MILK AND SOY!!!

First thing I ate was a Reeses Egg... MMM It tasted so good but made me feel nauseous.

On the other hand I felt Fantastic after my 1/2 of Grumpy Whites Buffalo Chicken Sandwich w/Blue Cheese and a side of Mac and Cheese. MMMM It was so good and yet soooo BAD for a woman with a goal to lose 15lbs before May 1st. (To make up for it I ran on the treadmill like my life depended on it).

So if we recall I have a list of top five food choices
http://csjohnstonmommy.blogspot.com/2012/08/catching-up-change-new-life-style.html

So #1 is Complete.. Let's be real these food experiences are not going to help my weight loss goals. SO I have a plan! I will only eat this if they are for social reasons. (IE girls night out, special Family outing, Or Date night). The reality is between now and May 1st those experiences will only happen once. I think that should allow me to lose the last of the baby weight.

While my days of ingredient reading are technically over, and I'm glad to not feel as though I'm imposing on people when we eat at friends or at a restaurant, I'm really not totally ready to kick some of the life style changes to the curb. Actually I think some things could be permanent things at my house.

Here's what I'm keeping...

1. Cooking Fresh/from Scratch... I'm not going back to the days of Lipton Onion Soup or
MaCormack Taco/Chili Seasoning. Fresh flavors work for us and Less Sodium, Less Chemicals

2. Almond Milk/Coconut Creamer... I've always Hated Cows Milk, My cereal will still have Almond Milk and I just might stick to using it in my coffee at home. Of course when a Dunkins, Coffee Break, Or Mary Lou's Run are in order I'll have skim milk, but at Home Almond Milk or Coconut Creamer will work best!! (Not to mention Coffee Runs wont be happening very often cause EVERY PENNY is IMPORTANT IN this house. Home Coffee is the way we roll)

3. My Dairy Free Soy Free Recipes... Those meals were yummy so they will certainly be staying in my Recipe Box/Menu Plan. I probably will continue to Pin those kinds of things on Pinterest...

4. Ingredient Reading... If I can I will probably still choose products that are made with Canola or Olive Oil... I'm not gonna go nuts, but I'm still going to opt for those products I know are soy free... For example the Classico's Tomato Basil Sauce is what I will use from now on  (Sorry Ragu and that was just one thing I couldn't make from scratch!!! I was terrible at it!)... another product is All Natural Creamy Skippy Peanut butter.


There you have it while I'm free!!! I'm still changed by the total experience!



Counting My Blessings:
1. Decluttered areas of my house that had me totally overwhelmed
2. Cam getting to go to his first Celtics Game
3. The weekend
4. My New Flat Iron... No more Friz
5. Noah on a schedule it seems to be working!!






No comments: