Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mother Knows Best!

So when Cameron and Sadie were little the City of Quincy put in a beautiful little playground a block away from our house... It was right next to the Clam Box on the beach. The playground has the recycled tire on the ground and a small structure that little toddlers can easily learn to climb and mama can breath easily and let them be somewhat free.

Well when Cam and Sadie were little they were always getting sick and I was always trying to brainstorm patterns or connect the dots to find a common denominator so maybe I could prevent the germs. One of things I thought was that this playground seemed to something we did shortly before they got sick... Well I mentioned this to my mother and the thought stuck... She would often say "Don't take them there, they are gonna get sick". Well as they got older we stopped going there cause other playgrounds had larger structures more appropriate for my big kids.

That brings you up to speed...
Yesterday was beautiful day and the baseball team was practicing so we can't play in the yard cause I fear someone getting hit by a ball.. Every time I hear the crack of the bat my heart jumps. So the kids and I walked up to that park.. Perfect for Noah to run and climb and have a good time. I jokingly told the kids, "Don't tell Niney tonight at dinner we went here cause she's gonna worry that you guys will get sick". Despite what I said we talked about it at dinner and sure enough she said, "Why did you take them to that play ground... You know they always get sick, Just you wait within two weeks you guys are gonna be sick."

Well it didn't take two weeks more like 6hours... About an hour after Noah went to bed he started crying. (Strange) so we went up checked on him he fell back asleep. For the next 5 hours he would randomly start crying.. And then at 1am it all hit the fan I heard him cry, gurgle and cry some more.. I immediately jumped out of bed and said, "He's Throwing up!!" I ran into his room picked him up and found his head and crib covered... Into the tub and then for the next hour and half we tried to comfort a very confused baby boy, he would cough and throw up!! I'll spare you the gritty details but it was bad.

This morning he's sleeping and resting on the couch next to me and has managed to keep down some fluids (juice and mama milk) and a few cheerios. Let's hope it's just Noah and the big kids are OK!


The moral of this story is... Trust your "mama" instincts and when your own mother tells you not to do something... LISTEN!! After all....

Mother KNOWS BEST!!!!
 
 
Counting my blessings
 
1. A husband with a understanding employer so he can go in late and take the big kids to school
2. I'm a stay at home mom so I'm free to be home with my sick kiddo! 
3. My sleepy baby boys smile when he wakes up from a nap!!!
4. Cuddling my baby boy!! 





No comments: