Sunday, April 21, 2013

Holding on to Truth!!

As I prepare to send my children back to school after a week off and an extreme life altering, world view changing tragedy...  I have Two Scripture verses that I am HOLDING ON TO SO TIGHTLY and I am using as the words to my prayers in the aftermath of the Marathon Bombing.

2 Timothy: 1: 7
For God has not given us a Spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.


Philippians 4: 6-8
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.


I pray these words not because I fear for their physical safety at school, I fear for their emotional and spiritual safety. I worry that the thoughts and words of the others in regards to these tragedies will take aways my children's innocence, sense of security, sense of peace...  We as parents have chosen our words carefully and have been as honest and protective as one can be. I pray that the focus of tomorrows discussion be on all the THINGS that were Honorable, Right, Pure, Lovely, NOBEL...

And the truth is this not just my prayer for my 3 children but my prayer for all the children that enter Boston (& the surrounding area) schools tomorrow. I pray for God's Hand to guide the words of the teachers & administrators as they comfort our children. I was so incredibly impressed and grateful for how the school handled the events of Sandy Hook.. I am praying for the same wisdom in light of the events in this past week.

So if it comes to your mind tomorrow as these children go back to school pray that  their little hearts and little minds will be protected from A Spirit of Fear and Timidity, and that they will be embraced by POWER AND LOVE!!! 




 



 

No comments: